Thursday, July 14, 2011

i am not made of this

i went to the sangha spring-rain meditation last night.

It was long.  I've never sat for that long.  Sitting, a brief standing interlude, sitting - then a dharma talk.  75 minutes of meditation.  Actual pure meditation - much shorter than that.  Surreal thoughts and pounding heart and short-of-breath moments.

In the talk Jim (i think) said this phrase "I am not made of this," in connection with some chant or other.  I liked it, that I am not made of "this" which is the emotion that's taken roost in me for the moment.  Anger, fear, sadness - I am not made of this.  That is not my essential nature.

On the way to the sangha (?) I had to go get a bite and traveling south to Bloor Street watched people walking north.  Who was "serene?"  Who was headed to the meditation.  I ID'ed one on the money - and got a big surprise with the girl in the sparkly sequin top and the boobs-for-days - she was there too.

No judgements, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment